Monday, January 15, 2007

I've got the power.

I can certainly tell I have a new job. I have money. Money to spend on a BOSS DS-1 Distortion pedal. The TO100, you see, is actually a Tube Overdrive pedal.. not distortion. Although I can create a bit of a distortion with it, it's not enough. I need some serious, serious distortion. TheWife was most impressed with the sound I was producing with the small orange box.
I was actually hoping to find another cheapie Behringer at Macaulay's, but alas it wasn't meant to be. The BOSS wasn't a bank breaker though, retailing at $70. I didn't feel like driving up to Long and McQuade's, as the roads were a rink. Hopefully I didn't get hosed.

So, after unboxing the mutha and finished just toying with it, I started playing Fire, Water, Burn. Courtesy of Grindy's "power chords" lesson the last time we jammed together, I was able to get a little bit of a groove going. I'm not fast enough to keep up with the actual track yet, but I have a good handle on the theory behind it. Hopefully it won't take too long to get a complete handle on.

Lastly, I've continued trying the position provided by Philipi Hii (see my last post), and that does seem to help. It's taken a bit of the pain away-- which is a good thing. I'll try fiddling with barre chords again later. For now, I'll just enjoy the tasty sounds of my distortion pedal.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: