Sunday, December 31, 2006

Pedal to the Metal

Today I journeyed even further into the realm of electric guitar-dom with the purchase of my first distortion pedal. No electric guitar is complete without one, so I went with the economical Behringer TO100 Tube Overdrive, purchased at none other than Long and McQuade's. Now, I'm not a professional player. I wouldn't even consider myself much of a novice for that matter, but I will say you can't go wrong with $44.99 CAD. The MSRP is sitting even higher at $54.99, so I consider it a "great deal" (thank, you Mr. Mandel).
One of the songs learned (as it was four simple chords) was Lenny Kravits, "Fly Away." I played it on my old acoustic and it simply didn't seem right. It was missing that special something. Now that I have a pedal, I can rock out with the track and then some. Quite enjoyable. Gonna be on the cover of Rolling Stone.

It's nice to see that TheRoss has blown the dust off his guitar. We will all get together soon and rock out. We may, and this is completely speculation at this point, have a drummer.

Grindy and I were focusing on Fire Water Burn from the Bloodhound Gang the other day. It's easy, and fun. Why don't you play along?

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: